- Fall 2013 issue (3mb)
- Introducing the Bassbone OD (Overdrive)
- Headload™ Guitar Amp Load Box
- Space Heater™ 8 Channel Tube Summer
- The exciting new Voco-Loco™
- Primacoustic now on Sketchup
- Two new footswitches: the JR-1L and JR-1M
- The second generation SW8 is now shipping
- The Twinline Effects Loop Router
- The SB5W 'Wall DI' - Wall Mount Direct Box
- The new ProMS2™ Mic Splitter
Bootsy Collins...helming the Funkship in the 'Firefly Zone'... The iconic Bootsy Collins is happy to report he has been flying in what he refers to as the 'Firefly Zone' these days. Bootsy recently added Radial's premium Firefly tube DI to his gear arsenal. The cheerful yellow box has been getting a lot of attention since its debut and Collins includes himself as a fan.
- Fall 2013 issue (7mb)
- The new StageDirect™ Direct Box. One foot-stomp gives you complete control on stage
- Bootsy Collins...helming the Funkship in the 'Firefly Zone'
- The exciting new Voco-Loco™
- Primacoustic now on Sketchup
Gold Dig and Cherry Pick your way to the perfect sound... While gold digging seems opportunistic and cherry picking a tad 'charmed', we assure you these new pieces of gear have only the best of intentions - to help you find your perfect sound, fast! The Gold Digger lets you compare up to 4 microphones and quickly switch between them using radio-style push-button selectors...
- Winter 2013 issue (1mb)
- Now you can add guitar pedal effects to live vocals. Check out the new Voco-Loco
- Radial helps Rush's latest tour run like clockwork
- Lunch is ready! Two new 500 series racks are now shipping
- Meet the brand new StageBugs..4 compact high performance Dis
The new PZ-DI™ winning fans from day one The Radial PZ-DI is a special direct box that is designed to work with all types of acoustic and orchestral instruments by enabling you to optimize the input impedance to match the pickup or transducer...
- Fall 2012 issue (1.15mb)
- Introducing the new PZ-DI
- Cherry Picker and Gold Digger debut at AES 2012
- Radial introduces the Firefly DI
- Primacoustic introduces the Paintables
- 4 new 500 series modules unveiled
- The Radial SixPack to be presented at AES 2012
Primacoustic introduces the Paintables™ Read about how Paul McCartney mixed with Recoil Stabilizers.
- Summer 2012 issue (415kb)
- Introducing the Primacoustic Paintables.
- Improved Acoustics help firefighters perform life saving work
- Recoil Stabilizers now mountable
- New London Kits
- Using ProRMP™ to improve wireless sound
Radial introduces the Firefly™ direct box. Read about the introduction of the Radial PowerTube 500 series module. Check out the latest news on the Radial MC3.
- Jan NAMM 2012 issue (415kb)
- Introducing the Firefly, Radial's first tube DI.
- Keb Mo uses Primacoustic in his Nashville Stu Stu Studio.
- Paint your acoustic world, Paintable acoustic panels
- The PZ Pre gets an affordable little brother: the PZ Deluxe.
- It's a 500 series revolution! New racks, power supplies and modules.
New 500 series rack now available.. A third variation on the 500 series rack format is now available with the Workhorse WR3, a single space 19" rack that can house three modules...
- Oct-Nov AES 2011 issue (415kb)
- Introducing the Radial Firefly Tube Preamp.
- Radial WR8 and H-Amp nominated for TEC awards.
- Primacosutic ShowPad 2 mic stand iPad 2 holder.
- Radial TankDriver 500 series reverb tank interface.
- Primacoustic paintable acoustic tiles.
Don't change your PA system just yet...The problem is commonly due to poor room acoustics. An interesting development has occurred in recent times: folks have finally started to become aware that the acoustic space plays a critical role with respect to the final sound of the room. In other words…unless you 'fix the room', changing the PA may in fact not solve the problem at all....
- Workhorse now available without mixer
- Radial releases the Whos-DOC for Workhorse...
- Don't change your PA system just yet...
- The problem could be poor room acoustics.
- Primacoustic in Tommy Lee's new Atrium Studio
- Ryan Hewitt talks about the EXTC
Radial JDX advances live touring Professional touring is all about efficiency. It starts with truck packing, getting in the venue to set up the stage, pulling off a great show and then packing it up again. 100 nights in a row. The excitement of being on the road has plenty of benefits, but at the end of the day, it's about getting the job done. Over the past decade....
- Radial Workhorse now shipping
- Modules redesigned to adapt
- Eddie Kramer (Led Zeppelin & Hendrix Engineer) adds Recoils
- Dimmu Borgir and Radiohead replace guitar mic with JDX Reactor
- Primacoustic adds more Isotools to the range. Updates VoxGuard!
- How to improve sound of inear monitors with direct feed from amp
The Importance of Analogue Mic Splitters in a Digital World - It is true, the digital snake has come of age. You can now send unlimited numbers of audio channels between various pieces of equipment and network them at infinitum. Before you go off and simply buy the next best thing… there are some issues you need to consider…
- Primacoustic at the Winter olympics!
- Workhorse & modules released to manufacturing.
- Primacoustic intros 'Lanterns', new acoustic baffles.
- Conversation with Scott Henderson
- J+4 Stereo Line Driver, H-Amp, Eclipes and more.
Choosing the right DI for bass A question we get asked all the time is; 'which DI should I get for my bass?' To answer this properly, you really have to consider all of the parameters. First, you need to know what kind of bass is being used. For instance, if you have a passive bass like a Fender Precision or Jazz, these will generate around 1 or 2 volts when played loud. Most 48V phantom powered active DI boxes are capable of handling this type of level. But if you have an active bass...
- Workhorse - Radial revolutionizes the Lunchbox!
- Lunchbox modules - Radial intros 7 new modules
- Primacoustic intros Iso-Tools: tools for studio & stage
- Artist File: Dream Theatre, Jars of Clay, Pab Boothroyd
- J+4 Stereo Line Driver, Vienna Chorus, H-Amp
Tommy Lee's New Studio - Primacoustic of course! Superstar drummer Tommy Lee recently built a new world-class studio in his Calabasas residence. Head engineer Chris Baseford worked with Primacoustic¹s Jay Porter on acoustic sound control for the various rooms. They selected Broadway panels for general room treatment, Cumulus tricorner traps for low mid control and Razorblade quadratic diffusers to manage the high end in the control room….
- Workhorse - Radial revolutionizes the Lunchbox!
- Seven new Lunchbox modules
- Tech file - Diaphragmatic Bass Traps
- Nathan East's new studio (Primacoustic of course)
- New Radial J+4 Stereo Line Driver and more...
David Bottril Installs Primacoustic in Studio. When Brian Moncarz and I were setting up Rattlebox Studios, we had rooms that were basic rectangles. We wanted to keep the aesthetic of the room, such as the red brick and hardwood floors but tune the room to an international standard. I turned to Primacoustic because I was familiar with their product from being in studios I had worked at....
- Wooten, Miller and Clarke - thunder on stage with Radial
- Forest Audio debuts with F15 Roundback 2-channel DI/Pre/Re-amper
- New Primacoustic 'Machine Room' acoustic computer silencer
- Feature Product - Radial SW4 concert console switcher
- Slayer's secret weapon, Recoil Up-Fire, Lunchbox series and more...
Slayer's Secret Weapon:Radial JDX & Phazer - Anyone that plays live knows how difficult it is to get great guitar tones quickly, especially in arenas that often do not have very good acoustics. A few months ago, Slayer's front-of-house engineer Tim Quimbly contacted Radial to try out the new JDX Reactor and the Phazer phase adjustment tool for a European run....
- Rupert Neve engineers join Radial
- New Primacoustic ceilig tiles, dffuser, cloud
- Tech file - choosing the right DI for bass
- Tomy Lee's new studio (Primacoustic of course)
- New Radial H-Amp headphone interface and more
Acoustics Made Easy - Easy Fix for Your Vocal Booth - For years folks have complained that most vocal booths do not sound good. The problem is commonly known as 'chest hump' or more precisely, an accentuated response in the low mid-range that causes the voice to boom in the150Hz to 300Hz region. Now if you take a minute and think about it... and then do a little bit of easy math, you will quickly come to the realization that it is the room itself that is causing the problem. Good news is Primacoustic offers a really easy and affordable solution…
- Chuck Ainlay adds Primacoustic Recoils
- New Radial V8 modular snake debuts
- New Primacoustic London 12a studio/theatre acoustics kit
- Feature Product - Radial SGI StudionGuitar Interface
- New 'Bones' pedal range introduced
PZ Pre Approved by James Taylor - The first PZ-Pre to hit the market was sent to musical legend James Taylor. According to his long-time engineer David Morgan: "We have recently begun using the new PZ Pre with James Taylor's Olson guitars. We are extremely pleased with marriage of the L. R. Baggs piezo pickup to the electronics in the PZ Pre.. The result is a substantial sonic improvement imparting a rich, natural and open sound to these beautiful, one-of-a-kind instruments....
- Primacoustic introduces the revolutionary Recoil Stabilizer™
- Radial PZ-Pre ready and approved by James Taylor
- Primacoustic MaxTrap, FullTrap and GoboTrap
- Primacoustic Stratus™ Cloud 'over console' kit
- Artist News - Marcus Miler, Satriani, Metallica, Butch Walker
Daniel Lanois Picks Radial - Radial Engineering is pleased to announce that Daniel Lanois, arguably the most influential musician engineer- producer today, recently added Radial direct boxes to his recording arsenal. In addition to his ground-breaking work with U2, Mr. Lanois has produced and engineered works by Bob Dylan, Marianne Faithfull, Willie Nelson and Emmylou Harris.
- Radial PZ-Pre acoustic instrument preamp
- Radial JX44 Air Control launches at NAMM
- Gefell UM930 twin-capsule multi-pattern studio mic
- Forest Audio debuts with the Q6 counter-coil EQ
- Artist News - Sting, Daniel Lanois, Paul Simon, Mark Tremonti
Acoustics 101 for Studios- Just like large commercial studios, home studios suffer from acoustical interference that can make it more difficult to mix, especially when surrounded with the sound effects and ambiance that now typifies today's stereo and 5.1 surround sound mixes. In professional studios, the walls are strategically treated with fabric-covered absorptive panels on the sides, front, rear and sometimes on the ceilings....
- Primacoustic's new Broadway series gets rave reviews
- Radial JX44 Air Control launches at AES
- Radial SW8 auto-switcher for backing track redundancy
- Daniel Lanois picks Radial DIs, CBC chooses Gefell Mics
- More New Products - Gefell M950, Primacoustic FullTrap