To support our growing Engineering team, we are looking for a Junior Engineer to assist and learn from our team of experienced Engineers. As this position will also support our production department, the candidate must be based in the Vancouver area and be on-site at the Radial Headquarters full time (Mon-Fri).
- Report directly to Engineering Manager(s).
- Support Senior Design Engineers with elements of Research and Development projects.
- Support Design Engineers with documentation (Test and Assembly Procedures, Product Test Apparatus).
- Train Production on pilot products and automated test procedures.
- Actively participate in the New Product Introduction Team and Engineering Change Control Committee.
- Collect product pilot run data from Production.
- Provide product support for legacy Radial products by implementing Engineering Change Requests (ECR).
- Help to oversee the duties and responsibilities of the design co-op student.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Electrical, Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering (or equivelant experience).
- Previous experience working in the electronics industry an asset.
- Previous experience working in a production environment an asset.
- Previous experience writing test procedures an asset.
- Experience in the Music Industry considered an asset.
- A person with a musical background is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Competencies
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Comfortable breadboarding/prototyping and troubleshooting electrical circuits.
- Comfortable in a laboratory setting and working with a small engineering team.
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics and PCB assembly drawings.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 software suite (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Comfortable using PCB layout software (PADS and/or Altium) and SOLIDWORKS 3D considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of electrical lab equipment: power supplies, function generators, scopes, and analyzers.