Radial Engineering is based in Port Coquitlam, BC, a short drive from Vancouver. Radial has a longstanding reputation for bringing reliable and tough-as-nails problem solvers to the market which means you will see Radial products on stages and in studios world-wide. These products include the world’s finest direct boxes, splitters and audio interfacing devices. As the maker of some of the best pro audio gear in the business Radial’s products have graced the stages and studios of many of music’s biggest acts.
With approximately 100 employees, Radial boasts in-house research and development, and engineering and production departments where all the products are proudly Canadian-made. An extensive network of dealers and distributors makes Radial product available around the world.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Purchasing coordinator with a strong background in the supply chain world to join our talented Purchasing team. The role involves close collaboration and partnership with our production and engineering teams as well as our external contractors. This role reports directly to the Manager of Purchasing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities…about the role
- Support our Production team with on time delivery of materials and assemblies
- Coordinates activities between Radial and our Contract manufacturers to ensure the delivery of finished goods are accurate and on time
- Explore opportunities to lower the cost of raw materials through continuous sourcing and other cost saving initiatives
- Coordinate the logistics of raw materials going to the contract manufacturers
- Obtain required documentation from suppliers, update computer system and resolve errors on a timely basis
- Administrative duties for processing orders, receiving and stock transfers
- Support engineering team to keep BOM’s updated in SILK
- Source new material suppliers when required
- Plan and manage minimum and maximum stock levels for raw materials to support the supply to internal and external production requirements
- Issue, track and verify purchase orders and expedite open orders and follow up to guarantee promised dates are met
- Manage raw material suppliers both within North America and offshore
- Support our QC department for material returns
- Notify Production, marketing, order management and other departments concerning delays and corrective actions
Key Skills and Qualifications…about our requirements
- Prior experience in purchasing, preferable in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to use common sense judgment and analytical skills to examine the big picture, get to the root cause of a problem, and guide others in the process
- Strong attention to detail with good organization and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across various cross-functional teams
Key Competencies…about you
- Excellent ability to communicate ideas verbally and in writing
- Top-notch interpersonal and teamwork skills with strong customer service orientation
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound ability to prioritize issues and manage and drive multiple, competing tasks in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented, procedural in work flow, aptitude for accuracy
- Possess a strong can do attitude and take hands on approach to deliver superior results
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.