To support our growing Engineering team, we are looking for an Intermediate and/or Senior Hardware Engineer. While the ideal candidate would be located in the Vancouver, Canada area, we are open to remote staff throughout Canada and the United States.
- Report directly to Engineering Manager(s).
- Research and Develop new products based on guidance from the R&D team.
- Create design documentation packages for product manufacture.
- Provide product support for legacy Radial products by implementing Engineering Change Requests (ECR).
- Mentor and oversee work of Junior and Intermediate Engineer(s).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Electrical, Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of electronic product design from concept to launch is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a production environment an asset.
- Previous experience writing test procedures an asset.
- Experience in the Music Industry considered an asset.
- A person with a music instrument/Pro Audio background is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Competencies
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Comfortable breadboarding/prototyping and troubleshooting electrical circuits.
- Comfortable in a laboratory setting and working with a small engineering team.
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics and PCB assembly drawings.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Comfortable using PCB layout software (Altium) and SOLIDWORKS 3D considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of electrical lab equipment: power supplies, function generators, scopes, and analyzers.
- A person with a background in Audio Electronics is preferred.
- Passport and the ability to travel to Radial headquarters in Canada (for remote candidates).