To support our growing Engineering team, we are looking for an PCB Designer that has experience working with Hardware Engineers to bring new products to market. While the ideal candidate would be located in the Vancouver, Canada area, we are open to remote staff throughout Canada and the United States.
- Report directly to Project Engineers to complete PCB Projects.
- Design PCB’s for analog and/or digital audio hardware with direction from Project Engineer.
- Support Project Engineer to create PCB fabrication and assembly design and documentation files.
- Maintain Altium parts library by sourcing, creating and updating component schematic symbols, footprints, and documentation.
- Assist Project Engineer with schematic capture.
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years PCB design experience.
- Strong knowledge of Altium/Altium 365 design software.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience working in a production environment an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Competencies
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of analog audio and digital audio electronics is considered an asset.
- Embedded systems background considered an asset.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks 3D is considered an asset.
- Practical knowledge of the PCB manufacturing process.
- Practical knowledge of Pick and Place and assembly processes.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Familiar with IPC standards as well as layout for compliance.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Passport and the ability to travel to Radial headquarters in Canada (for remote candidates).
Engineering Job Postings