Radial Engineering is based in Port Coquitlam, BC, a short drive from Vancouver. Radial has a longstanding reputation for bringing reliable and tough-as-nails problem solvers to the market which means you will see Radial products on stages and in studios world-wide. These products include the world’s finest direct boxes, splitters and audio interfacing devices. As the maker of some of the best pro audio gear in the business Radial’s products have graced the stages and studios of many of music’s biggest acts.
With approximately 100 employees, Radial boasts in-house research and development, and engineering and production departments where all the products are proudly Canadian-made. An extensive network of dealers and distributors makes Radial product available around the world.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Supply Chain Manager with a strong background in the supply chain world to join our talented Purchasing and Inventory Management team. The role involves close collaboration and partnership with our production and engineering teams as well as our external contractors. This role reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities…about the role
- Develop the company’s supply chain strategy taking into account the complex supply of products from offshore vendors
- Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues
- Evaluate and report on KPIs
- Develop and own the SOP processes
- Maintain minimal inventory levels while maintaining a high service level to our customers
- Monitor KPIs to track, verify purchase orders and identify expedite orders requirements to the purchasing team.
- Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes
- Maintain supply chain inventory and records
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards, including obtaining required documentation from suppliers, update computer system and resolve errors on a timely basis
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers to lower the cost of raw materials through continuous sourcing and other cost saving initiatives
- Coordinates activities between Radial and our Contract manufacturers to ensure the delivery of finished goods are accurate and on time
- Train and guide employees
- Support engineering team to keep BOM’s updated in ERP (NetSuite)
- Plan raw materials based on MRP recommendations to support the supply to internal and external production requirements
- Manage raw material suppliers both within North America and offshore
- Support our QC department for material returns
- Notify all stakeholder in Production, Sales and Marketing, Order Management and other departments concerning delays and corrective actions
Key Skills and Qualifications…about our requirements
- Prior experience as a supply chain manager
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes
- Working experience of relevant software (e.g. NetSuite)
- Ability to use common sense judgment and analytical skills to examine the big picture, get to the root cause of a problem, and guide others in the processes
- Strong attention to detail with good organization and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Word Strong interpersonal and communication skills across various cross-functional teams
- Education in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or similar field
Key Competencies…about you
- Excellent ability to communicate ideas verbally and in writing
- Top-notch interpersonal and teamwork skills with strong customer service orientation
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills Able to work effectively with minimal supervision or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound ability to prioritize issues and manage and drive multiple, competing tasks in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented, procedural in work flow, aptitude for accuracy
- Possess a strong can do attitude and take hands on approach to deliver superior results
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.