Mix-Blender FAQ

If you don't see the question you had in mind here, feel free to enter in the form provided along with your email address so we may send the reply directly to you. Thanks for your participation!

Can I use the Mix-Blender with any instrument?

Yes. The Mix-Blender’s circuit is designed to work with electric guitars, basses and acoustics.

Can I use the Mix-Blender on a keyboard?

Yes. As some keyboards like digital pianos can have very hot output signals, listen for distortion. If you hear distortion, turn down the keyboard.

Can I use the Mix-Blender to feed a PA system instead of an amp?

Yes. Simply connect the output of the Mix-Blender to a Radial DI box like the ProDI and you are set to go.

What happens if nothing is connected to the effects loop?

Nothing. When you hit the footswitch, the signal will pass right through as the return is equipped with a switching jack that – unless in use – will bypass the loop.

Can I use the effects loop with a tuner?

Yes. If you connect the send to your tuner, it will always receive a signal. If you complete the loop by connecting the return, you can set the effects loop to mute.

Will the Mix-Blender boost the signal?

There is a bit of gain – about 1.5dB – but this is fairly subtle.

Can I use the send jack to feed a second guitar amp?

You can, however this output is always on and therefore you will have no control over it. Further, as the output is not transformer isolated, you may encounter noise. Products like the Switchbone™ or the Twin-City™ are designed to run two amps and will do a better job.

Can you explain why there is a polarity reverse switch on the effects loop?

When connecting your guitar to a pedal and then your amp, the signal is in series. There is only one signal to contend with. Because of this, pedal manufacturers typically do not concern themselves with the signal polarity at the output of their pedal. When you combine dry signal with the wet effect, the two signals are now in parallel. If they are out of phase, they can cancel each other out. The 180⁰ polarity reverse switch lets you compensate for pedals that are out of phase.

Got a question you'd like to ask?

Mix-Blender Resources

Part no: R800 7207 00